Our Recruitment Process
Placement UK is focussed on identifying the best qualified and motivated undergraduates who apply specifically for the opportunities in your business. This is the process we follow to get the right person for you.
How does it work?
- Tell us what you want by completing the Placement Description & Student Specification Form. This gives us the details we need to screen candidates against your specific criteria.
- We convert that information into a website "advertisement" or offer, assign a reference code and forward the wording to you for approval.
- The offer is displayed on our website on receipt of your confirmation and deposit payment (see our Terms & Conditions). We also circulate the details directly to contacts at more than 1,600 universities and business schools throughout the EU.
- Students then apply on-line, submitting CVs and cover letters.
- Applications are screened against the criteria you gave us initially.
- We telephone interview candidates who meet your requirements. They are assessed and graded to identify the best match for the role you seek to fill.
- Details of the most suitable candidates are forwarded to you.
- We recommend that you contact by email and conduct a telephone interview with the candidate as soon as possible. Candidates may apply for more than one offer so that the sooner you interview, the better your choice will be.
NB: It is unusual to hold a face-to-face interview unless the candidate is already in the country, as travel costs etc. make this prohibitive.
- You confirm your decision to us.
- We ensure a Placement Agreement is put in place between you, the University and the Undergraduate. (It confirms that the placement is an essential module of the course and he/she is a trainee in your business, and not an employee)
- The successful candidate starts the placement on due date.